Techbert on Website development and marketing.

Planning to write various interesting notes on website development, website marketing and anything under the sun which is related to web.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

AllPeers: cool Firefox extension coming up!!

AllPeers is an exciting new Firefox extension under development. It is IM+filesharing built into Firefox!! Checkout some of the screenshots here. These extensions are making the browser a platform to watch out for. I guess Firefox as a browser will be taking off with these nifty extensions and support from Google. I have been using Firefox since its launch. I used to like using Opera overall but their I didn't like Opera's intrusive ads. Since my switchover, I have been using Firefox exclusively. Here are the extensions I am using currently.
  1. Inspect Element: Quite a nifty tool to explore the design of a web-page you are browsing. I also use it extensively for debugging and testing out my designs.
  2. Adblock: Its a must have :)
  3. del.icio.us post: Easy way to bookmark in del.icio.us. You need not type your password for every browser session.
  4. Highlighter: You can highlight text in web pages. Nice to use when you are reading a big article online.
  5. Feedview: Click on RSS feed links and you get a nice readable display on your browser.
  6. Google Pagerank Status: View Pagerank of the web-page on the statusbar. I don't use the Official Google Toolbar since it uses too much screen real-estate.
  7. SearchStatus: Displays Alexa and Google rankings. Also able to provide easy way for finding out other interesting info like whois, meta-tags, keyword density, robots.txt etc.
  8. Gmail Delete Button: Adds a Delete button to your Gmail.
  9. QuickJava: Enable/disable Java or Javascipt in one click.
  10. Read Easily: Disable/enable stylesheets in one click.
  11. Aardvark: Nice webpage exploration tool.
  12. Tamper Data: Enables viewing/tampering HTTP request headers sent by Firefox. I used it to pick my Proxy-authorization header to add it to my wgetrc.
Even I didn't realise I was using these many extensions. Anyway, I hope it is an archive for me and a reference for anybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home